Science, Arts and Technology Facility, Clongowes Wood College
Paul Harrison Download Original
Series of buildings to complement the existing college campus at a secondary boarding school in County Kildare
The Science, Arts and Technology Facility, replaces the existing science laboratories and art room and comprises physics, chemistry, biology laboratories, an art room and a lecture theatre. It is designed to incorporate the latest sustainable concepts and teaching methods, achieving the highest international standards.
Internal walls are board-marked, in-situ concrete with GGBS aggregate. The soffits are also concrete, with extensive use of acoustic panels and radiant panels at high level.
In the sports hall, the walls are lined with oak acoustic panels at high level and glulam Finnish Douglas fir beams span 33 metres.
- Begun: Jul 2009
- Completed: Jun 2011
- Floor area: 1,800m2
- Sector: Education
- Total cost: £4.1M
- Procurement: RIAI blue form (without quantities)
- Address: Clongowes Wood College, Clane, County Kildare, United Kingdom
- Architect: Murray O’Laoire Architects
- Client: Clongowes Wood College SJ
- Executive architect: A&D Wejchert & Partners
- Structural engineer: JJ Campbell & Associates
- M&E consultant: Ethos Engineering
- Quantity surveyor: Bruce Shaw Partnership
- Project manager: Bruce Shaw Partnership
- Main contractor: BAM
- Approved building inspector : Kildare County Council