Shettleston Housing Association
New-build extension to, and refurbishment of, a three-storey, cast-iron-framed, red sandstone building from 1912
Elder and Cannon’s brief was to simplify the existing accommodation within the hall, and to expand.
Since the 1980s, Shettleston Housing Association has occupied a three-storey red sandstone building from 1912, designed by James McKissack. It was originally built as a Scottish Cooperative Society hall, with a barrel-vaulted dancehall on the top floor, but the housing association needed to expand and modify its operations.
The housing association owned the vacant plot immediately to the east and used it as a car park, but the gap corner site abutting the east side of the car park was not available due to land-ownership difficulties.
- Begun: Nov 2008
- Completed: Jan 2010
- Floor area: 1,523m2
- Sector: Office
- Total cost: £1.8M
- Procurement: Traditional (SBCC 05 with Contractor's Design)
- Address: 65 Pettigrew Street, Glasgow, G32 7XR, United Kingdom