Notre Dame High School
Replacement building on the existing site of an 850-pupil school in Greenock
The school is built between a steeply sloping railway embankment and an arterial road.
The intention is to achieve a civic presence, referencing the language of town hall and public institution through the use of a giant colonnade and stepped entrance. The building is constructed from concrete and masonry elements.
The building arrangement is centred on the social gathering space of the dining hall and the library.
- Begun: Jul 2009
- Completed: May 2011
- Floor area: 13,475m2
- Sector: Education
- Total cost: £27M
- Procurement: PPP – Design and Build using NPD methodology
- Address: Notre Dame High School, Dunlop Street, Greenock, PA16 9BJ, United Kingdom
- Brickwork: Wienerberger Chepstow Multi and Wienerberger Granite Blue Drag-faced (base-course and details)
- Zinc cladding: VM Zinc Pre-weathered Quartz-zinc Standing-Seam
- Roofing: Kalzip 440/65 Stucco Mill finish Aluminium roofing (single-ply)
- Roofing: Trocal S & Trocal SGmA single-ply membranes
- Curtain wall: SAS SMR900 range
- Windows: SAS SPW600 range
- Brise-soleil: Renson Sunclip