UOP fragrances factory
Purpose-built fragrances factory including administration, laboratory, manufacture and storage, built using designed GRC elements
Occupying a key site on a trading estate the building accommodates administration, laboratory, compounding and stores in a predominantly residential area. Speed of construction, a high resale value and minimum capital and maintenance cost as well as a pleasant working environment were key factors.
A single storey, general purpose, optimum performance building capable of growth and change. Steel structure achieves uninterrupted floor space, facilitates internal planning and future expansion. Prefabricated structure, decking and cladding allow for a fast build.
External views allowing natural daylighting and supplemented by artificial lighting.
- Completed: 1978
- Floor area: 1,580m2
- Sector: Industrial
- Address: Tadworth, Surrey, Tadworth, United Kingdom
- Architect: Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners, Renzo Piano Building Workshop
- Project architects: Eric Holt, John Young, Marco Goldschmied, Neil Winder, Niki van Oosten, Peter Flack, Peter Ullathorne, Rita Bormioli, Sally Appleby
- Client: UOP Fragrances
- Main contractor: James Longley
- Public health engineering: Cressey Wilder Associates
- Structural engineer: Anthony Hunt Associates
- Quantity surveyor: Monk & Dunstone Associates