Three Corner House
Family dwelling has been carefully refurbished and modernised replacing the existing side conservatory and rear garage with a single storey interlocking extension.
Formed in concrete, and clad in brick and aluminium, the new wing comprises three staggered volumes that mediate between the existing house and the garden. The exposed white in-situ cast concrete is both aesthetic and structural, and by utilising its thermal mass sustainable too.
Designed around the family's needs for a study, dining area, children's play area and a modern kitchen the scheme connects the existing house and garden through large glazed doors allowing for cross ventilation and extending the indoor spaces out into the garden and vice versa.
Giving a new lease of life to the existing dwelling culminated in an extension to the attic linked by a new winding sculptural staircase, providing much needed extra accomodation to the scheme.
With approved Conservation and Dulwich Estate consent, the design rationale aspires to turn an aged, semi-detached house into a contemporary family home.
- Begun: Feb 2012
- Completed: Oct 2012
- Floor area: 198m2
- Sector: House
- Total cost: £236,500
- Procurement: JCT Minor Works
- Address: 18 Townley Road, Dulwich, London, SE22 8SR, United Kingdom
- Door and window supplier: Fineline Aluminium
- Rooflight supplier: Glazing Vision
- Rooflight supplier: Velux
- Aluminium cladding supplier: Paneltec
- External lighting supplier: Bega
- Internal lighting supplier: Limberg
- Internal lighting supplier: Zumtobel
- Internal lighting supplier: Muuto
- Timber flooring supplier: Havwoods
- Underfloor heating supplier: Kestrin
- Tile supplier: Domus
- Kitchen Worktop supplier: Whitehall
- Kitchen door supplier: Fromica + Brent Plastics
- Ironmongery: Hafele
- Brick Supplier: Modular Clay Products
- Internal switches/sockets supplier: MK