Richard Leeney Download Original
Major refurbishment of a Skidmore Owings and Merrill (SOM) office block in Broadgate
Originally completed in 1989 the 13,600m² office space, which is less than twenty-five years old, has been completely refurbished.
New cladding has been installed at both ground and mezzanine level, using black anodised aluminium and full height glazing to provide a contemporary identity to the building.
Plant has been centralised and relocated to the roof space, where previously there was a plant room on each individual floor.
The lights within the building dim according to daylight levels - lights towards the edge of the floor plates sense the levels of daylight and dim in response.
- Begun: Mar 2011
- Completed: Sep 2012
- Floor area: 18,529m2
- Sector: Office
- Total cost: £21.6M
- Address: 199 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 3AB , United Kingdom
- Architect: John Robertson Architects
- Client: British Land, Blackstone
- Structural engineer: Meinhardt
- Building services engineer: Chapman Bathurst
- Quantity surveyor: Sense
- Sustainability consultant: Environmental Perspectives
- Strip out contractor: H Smith & Sons
- Planning consultant: DP9
- Project manager: M3 Consulting
- CDM Co-ordinator: Capita Symonds
- Main contractor: Como