Olympic Shooting Range
Temporary venue for the shooting events at the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
Located in Woolwich on the grounds of the Royal Artillery Barracks the venue will host events in pistol and rifle shooting events.
The venue consists of three temporary buildings, two partially enclosed ranges for the 25 and 10/50 m qualifying rounds and a fully enclosed finals range, that have a combined capacity of 3,800.
All three ranges are enclosed in a white double curved membrane façade studded with colored openings. As well as animating the façade these dots operate as tensioning nodes.
The buildings are fully mobile, every joint has been designed so it can be reassembled and no composite materials or adhesives were used. After the Games the venue will be dismantled and potentially reused at other events such as the Commonwealth Games.
- Completed: Jan 2012
- Floor area: 14,305m2
- Sector: Sports and leisure
- Address: Ha-Ha Road, Woolwich, London, SE18 4BH, United Kingdom
- Architect: Magma Architecture
- Client: Olympic Delivery Authority
- Lead consultant: Mott MacDonald
- Structural engineer: Mott MacDonald
- Services engineer: Mott MacDonald
- Masterplanner: Entec
- Acoustic engineer: RPS
- Lighting consultant: Mott MacDonald
- Signage: DLA
- Main contractor: John Sisk & Sons
- Temporary construction: ES Global
- Fabric structure: Base Structures
- CDM coordinator: Entec
- Overlay: LOCOG