Housing at Golspie Street and Shaw Street
Terrace and infill that complete the perimeter of a dense urban block
These buildings complete the block to create a courtyard, where safe, supervised play and informal meeting is encouraged on South orientated paths and greened spaces.
In a re-interpretation of the tenement typology the terrace places one flat to either side of a common landing, with large amounts of glazing at the street and courtyard edges to allow sunlight to penetrate through the building.
A neutral brick forms the background and plinth with alternating raised modules in black rainscreen cladding, while projecting pods create a play of shadow and colour on the facade, accommodating dining spaces and providing a unique identity to each home.
- Begun: Feb 2010
- Completed: Mar 2012
- Floor area: 11,186m2
- Sector: Residential
- Total cost: £11.9M
- Address: Golspie Street, Glasgow, G51 3BH, United Kingdom
- Architect: DO-Architecture
- Client: Govan Housing Association, Cruden Estates
- Structural engineer: Scott Bennett Associates
- Quantity surveyor: Reid Associates
- Acoustic testing: Robin Mackenzie Partnership
- Ecohomes assessment: Ramboll
- CDM coordinator: Brown + Wallace
- Main contractor: Cruden Building and Renewals