23 Blackheath Park
David Grandorge Download Original
Extension and refurbishment of a Grade-II Georgian house and the rebuild of a free-standing guest house
The 'tea caddy' house built around 1820 was restored from bedsits to a family dwelling taking advantage of an existing two-storey 1960s side extension.
The drive-through side extension has been converted into an entrance hall and a master bedroom and balcony were created on the first floor of the same side extension.
The architects gained Listed Building Consent to demolish a Victorian kitchen extension and rebuild it as a glass rear addition that provides a dining area and double height kitchen space. This area is treated as a garden pavilion, with an all-glass bay facing onto the garden. An Acero stone floor runs from an external terrace through to the dining area.
The guest house, at the end of the walled garden, is a single-storey pavilion with a brick bedroom block and a living room that is glazed to front and rear, allowing for views onto the garden.
- Begun: Jul 2009
- Completed: Feb 2011
- Floor area: 360m2
- Sector: House
- Procurement: JCT Intermediate Building Contract
- Address: 23 Blackheath Park, Blackheath, London, SE3 9RW, United Kingdom