W London Hotel
Five Star hotel with 192 bedrooms in Londonâ€™s West End, including a spa and 11 penthouse apartments
The ten-storey building on the site of the former Swiss Centre houses retail, leisure and residential accommodation spread over 18,500m2. There is also 3,000m2 of retail/leisure space.
Twin-wall construction provides the facade to the hotel levels with an outer glass veil hanging from the eighth-floor level. The inner skin is covered with solid unitised panels with integrated punched windows.
The glass veil has a ceramic frit artwork or varying patterns and densities, finished to reflect the Portland stone in the area.
Three large feature areas are enclosed by double- or triple-height recessed curtain wall areas.
- Begun: Mar 2009
- Completed: Jan 2011
- Floor area: 17,000m2
- Sector: Hotel
- Procurement: Design and Build
- CO2 Emissions: 61.04kg/m2/year
- Address: 10 Wardour Street, Leicester Square, Soho, London, W1D 6QF, United Kingdom
- Architect: Jestico + Whiles
- Client: McAleer & Rushe Group
- Structural engineer: Ian Black Consulting
- Quantity surveyor: McAleer & Rushe Group
- Project manager: McAleer & Rushe Group
- Main contractor: McAleer & Rushe Group
- M&E consultant: Caldwell Consulting
- Facade consultant: Billings Design Associates
- Fire engineer: Michael Slattery
- Facade artist: John Bruges Studio
- Interior Designer : Concrete Architectural Associates