If you’ve activated your online subscription to the AJ or you already have an account for the AJ Buildings Library, sign in below.
By continuing to use the site you agree to our Privacy & Cookies policy
The AJ Buildings Library is available as a subscription benefit to AJ subscribers. If you’ve activated your online subscription on TheAJ.co.uk, you can use the same credentials to sign in on AJBL.
If you have not activated your subscription on the AJ website you will need to do so to access the AJ Buildings Library.
Not an Architects' Journal subscriber?
Choose one of these options:
Find out more about all the benefits of a subscription to The Architects' Journal.
For all queries regarding access to AJ online, please email our Online Help Desk at customerservices@ArchitectsJournal.co.uk
Out of Sight
Spaced Out Architecture Studio Download Original
- Begun: Feb 2009
- Completed: Jun 2009
- Floor area: 45m2
- Sector: House
- Total cost: £58,000
- Funding: Private
- Procurement: JCT Minor Works
- Address: Westbourne Road, London, N7 8AB, United Kingdom
- Architect: Spaced Out Architecture Studio
- Project architect: Haruhito Tomi
- Client: Duncan Hannant and Diane Shadwell
- Structural engineer: Mervyn Rodrigues of Rodrigues Associates
- Services engineer: DGJ Contracts Limited
- Planning supervisor: Spaced Out Limited
- Main contractor: John Hannon
- Roofing contractor: CU.tech.ZN.Ornamental Ltd
- Roof Covering: Arcelor Mittal
Double-pitched mansard roof extension that provides a much needed extra storey to an otherwise cramped maisonette
Titled "Out of Sight", the composition has made no visual impact on the street scene along Westbourne Road. The facade is set back from the facade behind the existing front parapet, providing outside space.
The architect specified high reflective stainless steel for a specific signature to the building as oppose to traditional slate cladding roof extensions.