If you’ve activated your online subscription to the AJ or you already have an account for the AJ Buildings Library, sign in below.
By continuing to use the site you agree to our Privacy & Cookies policy
The AJ Buildings Library is available as a subscription benefit to AJ subscribers. If you’ve activated your online subscription on TheAJ.co.uk, you can use the same credentials to sign in on AJBL.
If you have not activated your subscription on the AJ website you will need to do so to access the AJ Buildings Library.
Not an Architects' Journal subscriber?
Choose one of these options:
Find out more about all the benefits of a subscription to The Architects' Journal.
For all queries regarding access to AJ online, please email our Online Help Desk at customerservices@ArchitectsJournal.co.uk
Wexford Opera House
Ros Kavanagh Download Original
- Begun: Jul 2006
- Completed: Aug 2008
- Floor area: 7,235m2
- Sector: Arts and culture
- Total cost: £26M
- Procurement: GDLA 82 with quantities
- Address: High Street, Wexford, Co. Wexford, Ireland, Ireland
- Architect: Keith Williams Architects, Office of Public Works Architects
- Client: Wexford Festival Opera
- Structural engineer: Arup
- M&E engineer: Office of Public Works M and E Engineering Services
- Fire engineer: Brendan Harty Associates
- Acoustic consultant: Arup Acoustics
- Cost consultant: Nolan Ryan
- Project manager: Office of Public Works
- Main contractor: Cleary Doyle Contracting
- Theatre consultant: Carr and Angier
780-seat opera house with a second space of 175 seats plus rehearsal space, production facilities, bars and a café
The 7,500m2 Wexford Opera Festival House by Keith Williams Architects with the Dublin based Office of Public Works Architects has been constructed in the heart of the medieval town, on the site of the Festival’s former theatre.
It contains the new main opera house (780 seats) completely lined in North American black walnut, full flytower and backstage and a transformable second space of 175 seats, together with rehearsal and production facilities, bars, café and foyer spaces.