St Pancras Chambers
Extensive refurbishment of St Pancras Chambers featuring a brand new wing
A total of 244 guestrooms will be created to form a 5-star Marriott Renaissance Hotel, together with 68 residential apartments, including a luxury penthouse.
The main entrance to the hotel is now via the western arch into the old taxi road which has being converted into a grand reception space. The private apartments will have a separate designated entrance from the forecourt.
The major public rooms within the Chambers have been adapted for use as restaurants, bars and hotel suites, with a number of them restored to their original decorative schemes. The Grand Staircase has been restored to its former glory to become the central focus of the hotel.
- Begun: Apr 2006
- Completed: Dec 2010
- Floor area: 20,000m2
- Sector: Hotel
- Total cost: £150M
- Procurement: JCT fixed-price contract
- Address: St Pancras , Euston Road, London, NW1 2QP, United Kingdom
- Architect: RHWL
- Client: Manhattan Loft Corporation in conjunction with London and Continental Railways
- Structural engineer: Arup
- Services consultant: AECOM
- Cost consultant: Gleeds
- Main contractor: CW Consulting
- Main contractor: Gleeds
- Joinery: Atlantic Joinery
- Plasterwork: Simplicity and Locker and Riley
- Painters: Hirst Conservation
- Painters: Angel Interiors