Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Loungue, JFK
Clubhouse lounge designed to provide relaxed luxury with a Manhattan feel
The lounge is bounded on two sides by full-height views of the runways and Virgin aircraft immediately below.
In the centre of the lounge, a cloud-shaped cocktail bar is enclosed by a diaphanous, curving wall of stainless steel rods and walnut fins, mediating views from and through the space and creating a series of distinct areas.
This is the heart of the lounge, around and through which guests move in a rhythmic syncopated flow to the many amenities of the lounge.
- Begun: Sep 2011
- Completed: Feb 2012
- Floor area: 930m2
- Sector: Retail
- Procurement: Invited paid competition
- Architect: Slade Architecture
- Client: Virgin Atlantic Airways
- Structural engineer: Gilsanz Murray Steficek
- M&E consultant: Ambrosino, Depinto & Schmieder Engineers
- Quantity surveyor: PT Projects
- Lighting design: L’Observatoire International
- Acoustic engineer: Cerami & Associates
- Main contractor: Holt Construction