If you’ve activated your online subscription to the AJ or you already have an account for the AJ Buildings Library, sign in below.
By continuing to use the site you agree to our Privacy & Cookies policy
The AJ Buildings Library is available as a subscription benefit to AJ subscribers. If you’ve activated your online subscription on TheAJ.co.uk, you can use the same credentials to sign in on AJBL.
If you have not activated your subscription on the AJ website you will need to do so to access the AJ Buildings Library.
Not an Architects' Journal subscriber?
Choose one of these options:
Find out more about all the benefits of a subscription to The Architects' Journal.
For all queries regarding access to AJ online, please email our Online Help Desk at customerservices@ArchitectsJournal.co.uk
Ada Street mixed development
- Begun: Apr 2010
- Completed: Jan 2011
- Floor area: 635m2
- Sectors: Retail, Residential
- Total cost: £540,000
- Procurement: Design and Build
- Address: Ada Street, Broadway Market, London Fields, London, E8 4QJ, United Kingdom
- Architect: Amin Taha Architects
- Client: Jack Burns
- Structural engineer: Webb Yates Engineers
- M&E consultant: Syntegra Consulting
- Quantity surveyor: Cedarmill
- Acoustic consultant: RBA Acoustics
- Main contractor: Cedarmill
- Project manager: Cedarmill
- CDM coordinator: Cedarmill
- Approved building inspector : PG Surveyors
Asymmetrical four storey residential and retail development with inclined black rendered walls and a random arrangement of large, reflective windows
On the ground floor there are two retail units placed on either side of a bespoke, black perforated steel entrance to the flats that sit on the floors above.
Three two-bedroom flats are placed on one side of a pre-cast concrete central staircase, and the same number of three-bedders on the other.
The interiors of the flats are minimalist. The ceilings made from precast hollowcore plank, the flooring from polished concrete and the walls are covered with gypsum board wall lining with shadow gaps at the top and bottom.