Ada Street mixed development
Asymmetrical four storey residential and retail development with inclined black rendered walls and a random arrangement of large, reflective windows
On the ground floor there are two retail units placed on either side of a bespoke, black perforated steel entrance to the flats that sit on the floors above.
Three two-bedroom flats are placed on one side of a pre-cast concrete central staircase, and the same number of three-bedders on the other.
The interiors of the flats are minimalist. The ceilings made from precast hollowcore plank, the flooring from polished concrete and the walls are covered with gypsum board wall lining with shadow gaps at the top and bottom.
- Begun: Apr 2010
- Completed: Jan 2011
- Floor area: 635m2
- Sectors: Retail, Residential
- Total cost: £540,000
- Procurement: Design and Build
- Address: Ada Street, Broadway Market, London Fields, London, E8 4QJ, United Kingdom
- Architect: Amin Taha Architects
- Client: Jack Burns
- Structural engineer: Webb Yates Engineers
- M&E consultant: Syntegra Consulting
- Quantity surveyor: Cedarmill
- Acoustic consultant: RBA Acoustics
- Main contractor: Cedarmill
- Project manager: Cedarmill
- CDM coordinator: Cedarmill
- Approved building inspector : PG Surveyors