If you’ve activated your online subscription to the AJ or you already have an account for the AJ Buildings Library, sign in below.
By continuing to use the site you agree to our Privacy & Cookies policy
The AJ Buildings Library is available as a subscription benefit to AJ subscribers. If you’ve activated your online subscription on TheAJ.co.uk, you can use the same credentials to sign in on AJBL.
If you have not activated your subscription on the AJ website you will need to do so to access the AJ Buildings Library.
Not an Architects' Journal subscriber?
Choose one of these options:
Find out more about all the benefits of a subscription to The Architects' Journal.
For all queries regarding access to AJ online, please email our Online Help Desk at customerservices@ArchitectsJournal.co.uk
De Maere Textile School
Peter Mackinven Download Original
- Completed: 2002
- Sectors: Education, Arts and culture
- Total cost: £4.6M
- Address: Enschede, Netherlands
- Architect: IAA Architecten, Brookes Stacey Randall
- Project architects: Arthur van der Geest, Bev Dockray, Cody Gaynor, Harry Abels, Michael Stacey, Nik Randall, Nik Randall, Rainer Hoffmann, Theo Franken
- Client: Twents Textiel en Confectiecentrum
- Heritage designer: Bureau Delfgau
- Structural engineer: Buro Zonneveld
- Main contractor: Plegt Vos Bouw
- Services engineer: Buro Ketel
Industrial textile factory refurbished and extended to create Expertex Textile Centrum where teaching is focused on IT-based, short-run production and other contemporary textile processes
The project included renovation of teaching and factory space within the building, removal of a later factory extension to the south east and construction of new research facilities on this site. Some spaces required little more than redecoration, others have been renewed, or changed use.